Thanksgiving Weekend Here We Come!
As soon as midnight hits on Thursday, November 22nd the Holidays will officially be here! If you are looking for something to do for Thanksgiving weekend (aside from eating lots of turkey of course), below I have found 22 activities you can choose from starting on November 22nd. There is a little something for everyone.
For the Physical Activity seekers:
- Hot to Trot 5K/10K/Fun Run- November 22nd in Turkey Creek.
- BlueCross Autumnfest 8k, 2 Mile Walk, and Little Gobbler Run- November 22nd, World’s Fair Park .
- WDVX Ho-Ho-Hoedown- November 23rd on Market Square in downtown Knoxville.
- Saturday Shop Ride- November 24th, at The Bike Zoo, Knoxville.
- Winter on the Wing- November 24th, at Ijams Nature Center, Knoxville.
- Knoxville Walking Tours: Gunslingers & History- November 23rd-25th, Knoxville
- Regal Celebration of Lights- November 23rd, Knoxville.
- Thanksgiving at the Titanic Museum- November 22nd-24th, at the Titanic Museum in Pigeon Forge.
- Thanksgiving Train Rides- November 23rd-24th, Secret City Scenic Excursion Train in Oak Ridge.
- Knoxville’s Holidays on Ice- November 23rd-25th- January 6th on Market Square, Knoxville.
- Zen and the Art of Japan- November 22nd-December 31st, McClung Museum.
- UT Football: UT vs Kentucky- November 24th, Neyland Stadium, Knoxville.
- Candlelit Concert Series- November 22nd-29th at The Orangery, Knoxville.
- Jelani Eddington Organ Concert- November 25th, Tennessee Theatre, Knoxville.
Activities to get you in the mood for Christmas:
- Christmas Train Rides- November 23rd-24th, Three Rivers Rambler on Neyland Drive, Knoxville.
- 28th Annual Fantasy of Trees- November 21st-25th, Knoxville Convention Center.
- Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland- Open Nightly through January 6th at Tennessee Smokies Baseball Stadium, Kodak
- Santa’s Wonderland- November 23rd-25th and daily through December at Bass Pro Shops, Kodak.
- Handel’s Messiah by Crown College Choir- November 25th at the Temple Baptist Church Auditorium.
- Small Town Christmas- November 24th in Sweetwater.
- Glass Blowing Classes- November 23rd-December 31st, Marble City Glassworks, Knoxville.
- Toys for Tots- November 22nd-December 17th, Drop off site at Rita’s Italian Ice, Market Square Knoxville.
I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving!
By Shannon Foster-Boline