Selling a home can be a complex process but I’m here to make that as smooth and easy as possible.
- To help you get your home sold and get you where you want to go on time.
- To help put you in the strongest negotiating position possible.
- To make it easier for you and reduce surprises.
Steps to Selling A Home
- Prepare to sell you home ~ Home selling has become more complex than in years past. There’s new seller disclosure statements, longer and more form agreements, and a range of environmental and legal concerns that must be considered. That’s why step 2 so very important.
- Hire a REALTOR® ~ Considering forms, financing, inspections, marketing, pricing, and negotiating, it makes sense to work with a professionals who knows the community and and knows the in’s and out’s of the selling process. That’s what I do for my Clients every day. Making the process as smooth and easy as possible all while providing outstanding, customer-centric service.
- Set the List Price ~ Several factors, including market conditions and interest rates, will determine how much you can get for your home. Home selling is part art, part science, part marketing, and part negotiation. I have a proven system that works. It’s as simple as that. I’d love to share the my process with you.
- Market Your House for Maximum Exposure ~ I have an extensive marketing plan that includes more than just a sign and a MLS listing. Let’s meet and discuss my plan that works.
- Negotiate a Real Estate Offer ~ Maybe the most complex moment in the sales process comes when you get an offer for your home. Whether you have one offer or several offers, I have the knowledge and experience to help you navigate the negotiation process.
- Settle the Negotiations into a Contract ~ When you have a signed contract with the buyer for your home, you may feel as if you can breathe a sigh of relief but, I always tell my Clients a house isn’t sold until we are signing the documents at closing. Yes, it’s an unsettling process. Inspections, Financing, and more all play a roll after a contract is signed. I’m here to guide that process, keep things happening on time, and to continue working to get you to closing.
- Plan Your Move & Close ~ Once we have a solid contract, it’s time to plan your move! I look forward to being at the closing table and celebrating along with you.
See my past sales & current listings click here.
Pricing your home too high can scare off buyers. A common mistake home sellers make is listing their home too high. While it may seem like a better strategy to list high and reduce later, this strategy can actually cost more in the end. Your home may stay on the market for a longer period of […]
There are two negotiation periods in some home sales. The primary negotiation takes place when the contract is agreed upon that includes the price, closing and possession. Buyers and sellers alike feel relieved once this first round has resulted in an agreement but there may be more negotiations to come if there are contingencies for […]
We’ve all seen it. Two, seemingly similar, homes for sale. One is sold in a heartbeat and the other sits on the market. A recent study conducted by Realtor.com and the National Association of Realtors, identified the main attributes and amenities that are impacting a homes time on the market. Check out this infograpic for […]
Real estate lost a lot of value during the recession but most areas have rebounded considerably. In some cases, the homes are worth more than they were before the housing bubble burst. The dynamics are classic for this type of market: inventories are low, mortgage rates are low and demand is high. All price ranges […]
With all of the storms and severe weather we have experienced this year it is important to ensure you are prepared for whatever may come your way! The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) recommends that all Americans have some basic supplies on hand in order to survive for at least three days if an emergency […]
An Automated Valuation Model, or an AVM, is a computer algorithm that looks at public records to make a determination based on square footage, comparable sales and other elements. It is as easy as to get as putting your address in a blank but unfortunately, AVM results may only be accurate about 20% of the time. […]
We’re moving right on into Fall and it’s really the perfect time to do a little home maintenance. You don’t have to be Tom Silva from this Old House to make sure your home stays in great shape! Sure those big projects are fun and rewarding but doing a few of the mundane things can […]
Don’t let pet odors derail your home sale. Air your house out. While you’re cleaning, throw open all the windows in your home to allow fresh air to circulate and sweep out unpleasant scents. Once your house is free of pet odors, do what you can to keep the smells from returning. Crate your dog […]
The right tools and pre-winter maintenance will ensure that your home and your family are safe from cold-weather threats. Understand the Threats Blizzards: Storms with heavy winds and large amounts of snow accumulation can cause roof or other structural damage and leave you isolated. Ice storms and ice dams: Ice storms coat structures, trees, power lines, cars, […]
Whether you are thinking about selling, looking to refinance, or just curious I am happy to assist! Just take a few moments to fill out the form below and I will contact you within 24 hours with the results of your quick Comparative Market Analysis. What is a Comparative Market Analysis? A comparative market analysis […]